Our minds are so powerful. It can make or break us. The problem is, our minds are made up of our conscious as well as the sub-conscious. You see, we can make a conscious decision, but if we don’t have our sub-conscious on board with that decision, we cannot achieve it. It won’t matter how badly we want it. It won’t matter what we do to obtain it. If sub-conscious doesn’t believing we can, we won’t. Have you ever known someone who seems to have it all, but then seems to shoot themselves in the foot before it comes to full fruition. If you got to the bottom of it, you’d discover their sub-conscious is telling them lies. Some do affirmations to help overcome those lies and convince their sub-conscious of what their conscious minds know can be. Why do I bring this up now? Because I have spent way too much time believing the lies of my sub-conscious.
When I was young, I came through a lot. People would often say, “How did you do that?” I used to say, “No one ever told me I couldn’t.” Now that I’m an adult, so many times I find myself believing I can do something and hear that small voice in my mind that tells me I’m not capable, that I’ll never amount to more than a poor little girl, that I don’t deserve better. How many of you find yourselves believing, down deep, the same things? Some even tell lies to make the world believe things they, themselves don’t really buy in to. If they would believe it, they could make it happen.
Where would we be if Edison gave up on the light bulb? As a matter of fact, his teachers said he was “too stupid to learn anything.” He was fired from his first two jobs for being “non-productive.” As an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. When a reporter asked, “How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?” Edison replied, “I didn’t fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps.” Obviously, his sub-conscious knew what his conscious mind was doing could be done.
So, what do we do? We convince our sub-conscious mind of the truth our conscious mind already knows…anything is possible. Some of my suggestions are:
- Do daily affirmations (sometimes several times a day) in the mirror.
- Use prerecorded messages and listen with headphones or earbuds in a meditative state.
- Act your way to success. In other words, fully imagine your life with whatever your dream may be.
- Then do it until you feel it.
- Write it out. Sometimes if we write it down we go deeper than just the surface and can actually affect your sub-conscious. I have an exercise I do. Write questions out on paper with your dominant hand. Change hands, re-read each question and answer writing with your non-dominant hand, one question at a time. You’ll be amazed at what comes out. If you feel like you’re stuck, write with one hand the question, “What are you so afraid of?” Turn the paper, put your pen in the other hand, read the question, and write out whatever comes up. This works for anything you may feel conflicted about too.
Here’s what I know for sure, whatever it is, you CAN do it! Have a blessed week and be a blessing!